The npo MiramirO wants to contribute to the dissemination, recognition and development of arts in public places, on a national and international level, by:
- Offering a platform to a wide array of artistic disciplines (travelling theatre, circus, theatre on location, installations, visual arts and dance… ranging from small-scale, intimate productions to large-scale mass performance)
- Presenting top quality and innovative festival programmes
- Breaking down barriers
- pushing back frontiers and opening up new horizons in creation
- Supporting interdisciplinary cooperation, on a national as well as international level
- Raising government and public awareness of these art forms
This mission is accomplished in various operations:
- For the festivals our npo organizes - MiramirO and Leuven in Scène – we are continuously on the lookout for new and innovative productions that may surprise and marvel the audience. Priority is given to productions that are accessible to general audiences. The festivals’ international profile not only implies presentations of foreign or international theatre companies or productions, but is also established by acting as the Flemish interlocutor within a number of international networks (Meridians, Le Pari).
- By setting up own productions, our organization actively supports young talent and new ideas in a professional environment. Our organization acts as a regular partner in international co-production or creation within the framework of Meridians, In Situ and the FAI AR.
- The npo runs a documentation centre that provides information, stimulates research, issues publications and is involved in international exchange of expertise with other professional organizations (Federatie voor Kunsten op Straat; HorsLesMurs/Circostrada; La Fédération des Arts de la Rue (FR) etc).